Independent Distributors are permitted to discuss and promote their business on social media platforms such as blogs, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, MySpace, etc. The following is the Company’s policy and guidelines on such representation. The absence of, or lack of explicit reference to a specific site, does not limit the extent of the application of this policy. Where no policy or guideline exists, Independent Representatives should use their professional judgment and take the most prudent action possible.
1. Personal blogs, websites and social media profiles should have clear disclaimers that the views expressed by the author are the author’s alone and do not represent the views of the Company.
Eg – “The opinions and positions expressed are my own and don’t necessarily reﬂect those of SPIRULINA FILIPINA FOUNDATION INC.”
2. You must represent yourself accurately and clearly state your relationship with the Company as Independent Distributors. No other claims may be made as employee, agent or otherwise.
3. You may not use the Company’s trademarks or brands in any username or handle on any social media platform. These include but are not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and in any other social media platform.
4. Information published on your blogs, websites and social media profiles should comply and adhere to the SPIRULINA FILIPINA FOUNDATION INC.’s Policies & Procedures. (See clause 4.2.2 to 4.2.7 of the Policies & Procedures). This also applies to comments posted on other blogs, forums, and social networking sites.
5. Independent Distributors may not use or attempt to register or sell any of SPIRULINA FILIPINA FOUNDATION INC. and its associated companies’ trade names, trademarks, service names, service marks, product names, or any derivative thereof, for any internet domain name or email address (See clause 4.2.4 and 4.2.5 of the Policies & Procedures).
6. By identifying yourself as an Independent Distributors, you identify yourself with the brand image and the values of the Company. As such, your online activity can affect others’ perceptions of the Company, its products, and services. It is, therefore, important to be aware that your actions captured via images, posts, or comments can reflect that of the Company. The following guidelines must be adhered to for posting any content online:
- You must use only text found on the Company’s official website.
- You may not supplement the content of your website or social networking profile with text from any source other than the Company.
- All content must be spell-checked.
- All misleading or deceptive activities, information, and tactics are prohibited.
- Respect copyright laws, and reference or cite sources appropriately.
- No abusive language is permitted.
- No personal attacks are permitted.
7. Independent Distributors must always disclose their relationship or identify themselves as a SPIRULINA FILIPINA FOUNDATION INC Independent Distributor when making any comment in regard to SPIRULINA FILIPINA FOUNDATION INC. and/or its products.
8. Independent Distributors who provide testimonials online must be truthful and subject to typical results.
Eg 1: “This product cured my snoring problem” While that may be an honest opinion, it is not a typical result, and therefore, any such opinion posted online would be in violation of the current guidelines unless there is valid research to support the claim. You should refer to clause 6.5, 6.5.1 & 6.5.2 of the Policies & Procedures for guidance on this subject matter.
Eg 2. “I made USD 50,000 in one month with SPIRULINA FILIPINA FOUNDATION INC, and you can too.” While this statement may be true, the result is not “typical”. Such statements would be in violation of the current guidelines. Whenever discussing earnings, you should refer to clause 6.5, 6.5.1 & 6.5.3 of the Policies & Procedures for guidance on this subject matter.
9. For paid Internet advertising such as Facebook ads, the Company’s logo or trademark may not be used. All links must be directed to the ID’s Personal Website (if applicable) and not the Company’s official site.
10. If you have a complaint with the Company, contact the Company for resolution through any of its official social media channels available at https://www.spirulinafilipina.com or the Global Support Centre (GSC). Do not use other social media to express your grievances publically as the Company will have no way of addressing your grievance; Many of the people who read your grievance won’t know when it is resolved, so they will be left with bad unresolved feelings that may never be corrected.